Sunday, October 15, 2006



I am learning how to make a sock using the magic loop method. I am using some leftover yarn to practice. I still can't seem to get the ribbing done right. I have done it flat just fine, but doing it in the round is throwing me off. I tried using double pointed needles. It made me crazy ( though I didn't have far to go:-) All those needles dangling in the way is not for me. The magic loop method makes more sense to me. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

I have been making baby afghans for my niece's twins. I am going to make a poncho for my sister on my Studio LK150. The afghans were done on the Passap DM80 knitting loom.

I also have some yummy mystery fiber to spin. So many projects....which one to start first?

El hace mis pies como de ciervas, y me afirma en mis alturas. Psa. 18:33
He makes my feet like those of the deer, and strengthens me in my heights.

1 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Hurray Judy, we are cheering you on! Here is my little tip for working magic loop (saved my sanity) and that was to put a stitch marker or little coiless safety pin to mark the top of my sock (instep stitches) and then make that the beginning of the round. Otherwise it was to easy to forget where I was at ;) I took a class to learn how and there were five of us in class. When we finally figured that tip out, we all agreed it was a life saver.

I LOVE your scripture, too ;)

Hugs,
Cary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home