Saturday, October 13, 2007

My latest project is making Kumihimo or Japanese braid. I made my own "loom" out of a childs foam puzzle. The yarn is wound onto intarsia bobbins. It is very relaxing and addicting. The first picture shows the complete set up with the braid I've done so far. The next two are closeups. I am using acrylic with nylon garment yarn and a metallic wound cotton.

It has been almost two months since I last posted. I figured it was time to show what I have been doing lately. I belong to the knitting surprise group and I made these two hats out of Opal yarn, rather than the socks the rest of the group made. It is not my favorite color combination, but the hats turned out great. The largest went as a baby shower gift for my soon to be born great nephew.